In today’s busy world, canaries make an ideal companion for many people. Canary birds are active, beautiful, cheerful, and have a delightfully lovely song! There is nothing that can beat the pretty canary song to unravel your nerves at the end of the day.
When you keep a canary as a pet, you should have the required canary product to take care of your lovely bird. Canary products are the things or accessories needed by the bird to stay happy and healthy. So, in this article, we will explore the required canary products.
- Canary Cage or House: While shopping for a canary cage, purchase the largest cage, which you can afford. Exercise is very essential to your canary’s well-being. Canaries like wide-open spaces, so provide your pet canaries with a roomy canary cage. For a single canary bird, the cage should be at least 16 inches. For the pair of canaries, a cage should be at least 20 inches. One of the best kinds of housing for a canary bird is called a “flight cage”. The bar spacing in the canary cage should be half inches, which ensures that the bird will be unable to stick his head between the bars.
- Canary Food Products: Daily, fresh food and water must be provided to canaries. A Canary is a seed-eating bird.
- The canary seed for canary: Canary seeds are straw-colored and longish seeds. Canary seeds are rich in carbohydrates but efficient in fats and albumen. Nowadays, fresh canary seeds are available in pet stores. A single canary bird will eat about one teaspoon of seed a day.
- Millet seed for Canary: These seeds are used for both human beings and birds in Europe. Millet seeds are round and greyish. These seeds are rich in carbohydrates and deficient in albumin and fats.
- Rape seed for Canary: Rape seed in proportion to its bulk is a good source of fat and albumen content. Caraway seed, poppy, flax seed, and thistle seeds are often used in small proportions along with the principal seeds in the canary food.
- Other Foods for Canary: Other foods that are essential for your canary bird’s well-being are greens and foods with mineral contents. Lettuce in small amounts, hard-boiled egg yolk, and apples are on the additional diet list.
- Water for Canary: A canary cannot live without water for 24 hours! So, provide your canary with fresh water daily.
- Canary Birdbath: Generally, Canary bird loves to take bath. So, bathe your canary at least once a week and daily during the summer season. While the canary takes bath, you can place a dish in the bottom of the cage. Bathing is very essential to canaries while breeding and molting.
- Canary Grooming Product: Occasionally, the nails of the canary need to be trimmed. However, one should be careful while trimming. Never clip into the veins as the canary can quickly bleed to death. Bird nail trimmers and styptic powder are readily available in pet shops to stop the bleeding.
- Perches, Toys, and other Cage Accessories: As bird stands on their feet for all their long life- so many problems can be averted by supplying proper perching and keeping the perches clean. The perches placed in the canary cage should be natural materials such as sisal, cotton, or wood. Plastic perching is inexpensive and easy to clean, but they are not the ideal material for perching. Sandpaper covers should never be placed on the perches since they will cause sores to develop on the bottom of the foot. Canaries enjoy toys such as preening, which includes type toys and swings. Generally, the toys that are appropriate for a parakeet will be also okay for canaries.
Providing all the required canary products will make your canary remain healthy and happy, which will ensure you lifelong companionship and songs for many years to come.
See more: Canary Seed